Monday, November 9, 2009

A little about me...

I decided I wanted to do a little more in depth post on myself. That way you all can get to know me a little better.

To start things off here are some fun facts:
  • I'm 23.
  • I have a boyfriend. We met in college, and have been together for over 4 1/2 years.
  • I'm obsessed with taking photos of my pets.
  • I love anything glittery, sparkly or shiny.
  • My favorite artist is Andy Warhol.
  • Everyone tells me I'm an old soul.
  • I love video games. Xbox gt: MissKatieisLove
  • I collect blankets, penguins, crabs, Hello Kitty and much more.
  • I have reactive airway disease. It sucks.
  • I'm on social networking sites way too much. (Facebook, Twitter, etc...)
  • My favorite music includes: Gavin DeGraw, Green River Ordinance, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 and so much more.
  • I admire Marilyn Monroe on a level you wouldn't understand.
  • Gamecock baseball makes everything better.
  • I love, love, love going to concerts.
  • I watch Roseanne like it's my job.
  • I know people that play in the NFL, MLB, and NBA.
  • My dogs hate when I paint my nails. They would gladly throw me out of the house if they could while I was doing it.
  • I've dreamed of being famous since childhood. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Here is my actual my bio that I created originally for my first art show. You can also find in on my website.

I'm a 2008 Graduate of The University of South Carolina. I have a BA in Studio Art with an emphasis on Printmaking. I love what I can do through my art. I had some amazing teachers guide me through my time at USC. James Busby, Jim Arendt, and Johnny Homewood gave me the tools to be my best, and they always believed in what I could and can do. They have made an everlasting impact on my life. Not only were they amazing teachers they are amazing artists.
My family is truly amazing, and I am so blessed that they support what I do. My dog, Baron, was one of my best friends. He passed away on October 6,2007 at the age of 13. He was my muse and inspired me to do some of my best work. I also have 5 other dogs in my life that inspire me everyday.
I have an obsession with bright color. And I've been experimenting with it in more recent work. I also enjoy following my dogs or any animal around for that matter to take a beautiful photograph, and I do it quite often. Aside from art I enjoy music. Gavin DeGraw is a favorite of mine. I love baseball. A baseball field is one place I can go to clear my head and enjoy my passion for the game.


I hope you enjoyed that.

*Please know that since I'm an artist I do have pieces for sale on a regular basis. I also will do commission/custom pieces. If that is something of interest to you or someone you might know please pass it on, and check out my website. Click the pictures on the side panel and you will be directed to my site.





No comments:

Post a Comment