Sunday, January 2, 2011

Essie at Walmart? Why yes.

First off Happy New Year everyone!
Today I was picking up a few things at Walmart when I saw a randomly placed Essie nail polish bottle sitting on the shelf. I was really confused. When did this happen? I turned the corner and saw this bright permanent display. I got a little excited. I snapped a quick picture (there were a lot of people around haha) and then I got to looking.
There were colors from their latest Fall Collection as well as old favorites. I even saw Demure Vixen which is one of my favorites, but the name was changed to Demure Vix. *Scratches head* I ended up getting Brownie Points (a dusty red) and it was $7.75.
From what I can tell the bottles aren't different. They've just added a side sticker, instead of the name on the bottom it's on a small sticker on the top of the handle, and the little "e" is gone.
Here is the display:


There were only a few missing slots. Obviously most people don't even know they are there. And there is more to come in February apparently!
This is Essie's new retail line and it will also be sold online. While I'm all for this, I have a feeling these pretty display's will end up trashed just like other displays. It's just the way it is.

Are you going to buy Essie at Walmart?

Here are some actual bottle pictures so you can see the changes:



Photo's click-able for detail.

P.S.  I got a free Raspberry Smoothie @ the B&N Starbucks. Win!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment