Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Our Wedding Story...

As I sit and type this I have been married to the love of my life for a little over a week. I can't even begin to explain the happiness, love, and joy I'm feeling. It's amazing. I love being able to say "That's my husband!" How cool is that!?

My Grandma left me her Wedding Set from the 50's. It was gorgeous. However it was too big for little 'ole me. My Grandma's diamond was reset into my dream Engagement Ring. It is so precious and special that I get to have that part of her and my Grandpa with me in my marriage.

Chris and I got married on May 3, 2013. Our dating anniversary is on March 3rd. (We've been together for 8 years.) So in my mind I always wanted to get married in the spring on the 3rd of the month. Things played out a little differently than how I dreamed our wedding day would be, but it was a beautiful moment that I wouldn't change for the world.

Our color theme was turquoise and coral. I wore a vintage inspired short wedding dress with turquoise heels. It was perfect. I even made my own bouquet. Chris wore a turquoise button up and black slacks. We kept our Wedding a secret except for our immediate family. My parents and brother attended. Unfortunately Chris's parents were going to be in Boston and couldn't be there. We had a an outdoor ceremony in front of a huge rock fountain surrounded by Palmetto Trees. Being the photographer that I am I did what I could myself and then turned the camera over to my Daddy for the Ceremony. My brother was the man of many hats, ring holder, and bouquet holder. The Ceremony was beautiful and sweet. I had to hold in tears the entire time so I made lots of weird faces. The Reverend who married us was amazing. When she pronounced us Husband and Wife in that moment our lives changed and it felt incredible!

The forecast on our Wedding Day was quite different than we thought it would be as clouds and coolness rolled in. The wind was pretty crazy too. In the midst of our post Ceremony photos the rains came. We all ran. I couldn't help but laugh. We head back to our home. My Mom helped me pull together a shabby chic set up for our backyard too. She was such a huge help! I DIYed like a crazy person leading up to the big day. It turned out great. Our Wedding Cake and meal was from the The Farmers Shed. I'm not a cake person and let me tell you BEST CAKE I'VE EVER HAD! The day was quite relaxed and we just enjoyed it.

I really can't begin to tell you how happy that day was for me. It was simple but magical. I'm so proud to be Chris's Wife! I know we surprised quite a few people with our marriage. That was so entertaining. My favorite reaction had to be "Well, it's about time!" Haha. The plan is to have a reception in the fall for the rest of our family and friends.

Now after all that I'm sure you want to see some photos.



















(All photos Copyright Katie B. and my not be used without credit.)

Thank you for reading!

1 comment: