Friday, May 24, 2013

Getting Crafty: My Front Door Initial Wreath

I decided that I would start sharing some of my craft projects here on the blog. What better way to start than the initial wreath I made for our front door after we got married. I did not document the process step by step. I knew I should have but it's fairly simple.


 Supplies: 

  • Yarn (I used mint green)
  • Foam Wreath
  • Twine
  • Burlap Wire Ribbon
  • Faux Flowers (I used various daisies)
  • Glue Gun
  • Wooden Letter
This was my first time making a wreath. I decided that making one would be more personal and fun. I bought most of my supplies at Michaels.

How to:

Take your yarn and make a starting point on your wreath my looping in around and tying it off on the backside of your wreath. Begin winding the yarn around your foam tightly. (I did not measure off anything I left the yarn in the ball and just wound it through the hole in the wreath.) This takes some time but isn't hard. When you reach the end cut your yarn and attach it with glue on the backside of the wreath.
Attach your faux flowers with glue gun.
Attach your wooden letter by gluing twine to the back of the letter and the back of your wreath. It will hang in the middle of your wreath.
Attach your burlap bow with glue gun.
I made a loop with twine and attached it to the back in order to hang it.

Simple Burlap Wire Ribbon Bow Tutorial:

Loop your burlap wire ribbon like this to begin. It can be any size you choose.

Fold down the top of the loop.

Pinch the middle with your fingers to form the shape.

Use a piece of twine and tie it tightly in the middle. You could also use a smaller piece of burlap to change the look of your bow.

Final product. Quick and easy and I used what I had on hand. It can be tweaked for your specific needs, but it certainly gets the job done!

Overall I really loved the final product, and it was well received by family and friends!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment