Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day, and I wanted to take the time to say thank you to all those who served, and are currently serving. You are appreciated, and do what many could never do. Thank you for fighting for our freedom!

Here are a few special Military Men in my life.

This is my Grandpa. He served in the Navy during WWII. He was a Gunner on the U.S.S Essex. Handsome right? Hehe. He passed away several years before I was born, but thankfully through all the stories, photos, and letters I got to know him. I wish he could still be here, I know he would have been an awesome Grandpa!


Now this is an old picture, but one of the only pictures I have with my friend Derek. We grew up together, as time went by he ended up being my best friend/big brother. He took care of me, consoled me when I was sad, and was just there for me. Heck when I tore the ligaments in my ankle in High School he would carry me up the stairs. He surprise visited me in college too. That's a good big bro!
He is in the Military. He's currently on his 3rd Tour of Iraq. He's one of those people who was born to serve. I haven't seen him in a long time, but I love him very much and pray for his safe return.

In closing God Bless, and Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment